With over 38,000 guests treated and a completion rate over 90%, Duffy's Napa Valley Rehab outperforms other residential DXM addiction treatment centers by building the necessary foundation for long-term recovery through expert 12-Step treatment for DXM addiction in Northern California.
Learn more about DXM abuse treatment at Duffy's Napa Valley Rehab in Northern California
DXM, or dextromethorphan, is a common ingredient in many over-the-counter cough medicines. When used as directed, medications that contain DXM can be both safe and beneficial. However, if you exceed the recommended dosage levels, DXM can induce a sense of sedate euphoria, dissociation, and other mind-altering effects.
Although DXM is available over the counter, this does not mean that this substance is safe to abuse. DXM abuse can expose you to considerable harm, including both immediate and long-term damage. Depending upon the nature and severity of your DXM abuse, you may need professional treatment in order to end your involvement with this substance.
The good news is that DXM dependence is a treatable condition. At Duffy’s Napa Valley Rehab, our specialized services can free you from DXM abuse, and help you resume your pursuit of a healthier and more satisfying life.
Helping a loved one get treatment for DXM abuse
If someone in your life has been abusing DXM, you can play an essential role in helping them get the professional care that they need. Please consider the following:
Educate yourself about substance abuse in general, and the impact of DXM in particular. The more informed you are about the challenges that your loved one is facing, the better prepared you will be to provide meaningful support.
- Research treatment options that have helped others in similar situations. Identify programs in your area that offer the type and level of care that your loved one needs.
- Talk to your loved one. More importantly, listen. Express your concern, reiterate your love and support, and resist any urge to argue or judge. Your loved one’s willingness (or hesitance) to discuss their problems will provide you with valuable insights into their mindset, and will guide your future actions.
- If your loved one acknowledges the problem and is willing to get help for DXM, enlist them in the process of identifying and evaluating potential sources of treatment. If they are resistant to the idea of treatment, then talk with experts about how best to proceed.
- Get help. Recruit a small group of trusted friends or family members to assist you in your research, and to work with you to support your loved one. If necessary, schedule a session with a therapist or counselor. Do not neglect your own physical, mental, or spiritual needs.
- Volunteer to accompany your loved one to appointments or program visits. Provide transportation, arrange for childcare, and take care of other obstacles that may prevent your loved one from getting into treatment.
Finally, remember that recovery from substance abuse and addiction to drugs like DXM is a long process. Set realistic expectations. Participate in any family support services that your loved one’s treatment program offers. Prepare to support your loved one before, during, and after their time in treatment.
Why consider treatment for DXM abuse at Duffy's Napa Valley Rehab in Northern California
As noted in the introduction to this page, DXM abuse exposes a person to both immediate damage and long-term harm. Every time a person abuses DXM, they risk their physical, psychological, and socio-economic well-being. Organ damage, mental health challenges, job loss, financial problems, and legal jeopardy are just a few of the many negative outcomes that can result.
The good news is that help is available, and treatment works. When you choose to heal at Duffy’s Napa Valley Rehab, you remove yourself from continued harm, and can begin to recover from past damage. You will develop the skills and strategies that will enable you to pursue a healthier future, free from the compulsion to abuse DXM or other drugs.
Types of DXM abuse treatment offered at Duffy's Napa Valley Rehab in Northern California
Located in northern Napa Valley on 23 beautiful acres, Duffy’s Napa Valley Rehab is home to a comprehensive addiction treatment program that treats DXM abuse for men and women over the age of 18. Our staff provides the hope, motivation, and encouragement you need to obtain a life of sobriety.
At Duffy’s, we create individualized treatment plans based on the unique needs of each guest. During your stay, the following interventions may be incorporated into your experience:
Medication management: In situations where a guest is suffering from symptoms of a mental health concern in addition to struggling with an addiction to DXM, they can meet with a psychiatrist for medication management services.
Individual therapy: Individual therapy can be an invaluable tool in overcoming the compulsion to use DXM. These sessions consist of one-on-one meetings with an assigned counselor.
Group therapy: By engaging in group therapy, guests can gain support from peers and offer support to others who are dealing with addiction. The topics covered in these sessions may include:
- Demystifying addiction
- Powerlessness and unmanageability
- Relapse prevention
Additionally, gender-specific specialty groups are offered once each week.
Experiential therapy: Experiential therapies provide a healthy emotional outlet, and encourage healing of the mind and body. Examples of experiential therapies include:
- Art therapy
- Trust the Process
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Crossing the Line
- Music and recovery
- Trust-building exercises, including surrender falls
Family therapy: When a person is struggling with an addiction to DXM, it affects their friends and loved ones. Family therapy at Duffy’s provides guests and their loved ones with an opportunity to:
- Learn about addiction
- Process how the presence of an addiction has impacted their lives
- Work on healing any strain that the addiction may have caused
When a guest’s time at Duffy’s draws to a close, our staff provides a thorough discharge plan to promote continued success in recovery. We also work with an off-site service called Full Circle Recovery, whose services are available to guests who have completed 21 or more days of treatment at Duffy’s. The Full Circle Recovery experience includes three months of individual counseling sessions, 12-Step groups, and assistance in finding sponsorship.
If you or someone in your life is battling an addiction to DXM, please do not hesitate to contact the knowledgeable professionals at Duffy’s Napa Valley Rehab. With our help, you can overcome your addiction, and a new life can begin.