The family at Duffy’s would like to wish you and your loved ones a very happy Chinese New Year! This year’s animal is the year of the snake. If you will turning 12, 24, 48, 60, 72 (or any multiple of 12!) then this is your year!
The date of Chinese New Year is based on the lunisolar calendar and lasts 15 days. (Think Christmas that lasts 15 days!) It is the biggest holiday of the year, and family and friends gather from across the country to feast on traditional Chinese New Year food, reunite with family, visit friends, give gifts, and set off fireworks, and put up bright decorations. If you ever get to visit a Chinatown, you’ll see extensive decorations and red banners hanging on the walls.
Words of Encouragement
In a way to honor Chinese New Year, we have decided to share some Chinese sayings that may encourage you in your recovery
- “A Bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.”
- “A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials.”
- “Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.”
- “If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.”
- “If you don’t want anyone to know, don’t do it.”
- “Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”